Mister Freedom® MFSC ‘RANCH HAND’ shirt
‘Men of the Frontier’ Collection, Fall 2012
We caught up with our horsemen back at the bivouac, after somewhat of a wild ride… In time to introduce the 7th installment of our Fall 2012 collection: The ‘Ranch Hand’ flannel shirt.
Alert the medias, this shirt is our first plaid flannel shirt ever! Never a dull moment in our MFSC collaboration with Sugar Cane Co, eh 😉
We based the woven plaid pattern/weight on a vintage ‘King Kole’ work shirt from our inspiration sample stash. We then picked each yarn apart and combined our own colors to create two different yarn-dyed plaid fabrics exclusive to MFSC, milled in Japan in a small batch. Should you see the exact same plaid from another company next year, you’ll know where it came from.
Our ‘Ranch Hand’ body pattern and cut are inspired by a range of 1930’s~40’s dress shirts, western shirts and work shirts, not the more common ‘Big Mac’ type flannel shirts. We also opted for painted metal snap buttons, a nod to vintage 1950’s ‘Maverick’, Blue Bell Wrangler® and Penney’s ‘Ranchraft’ plaid flannel shirts.
Designed in California by Mister Freedom® and crafted in limited edition by Sugar Cane Co in Japan for our collaboration MFSC collection.
PATTERN: An all original MFSC® pattern, inspired by 30’s and 40’s shirting.
FABRICS: Two options, woven in Japan.
a) ‘Turquoise’ woven plaid: 100% cotton 8 oz. Yarn dyed, color combination teal/turquoise/off white/red
b) ‘Sienna’ woven plaid: 100% cotton 8 oz. Yarn dyed, color combination brown/beige/orange/yellow
We do not use chemical washes to make our garment look/feel ‘vintage’, we address that at the pattern design stage.
* All original MFSC pattern, slimmer silhouette.
* Narrow chin strap collar, with 1920’s NOS french glass buttons.
* Indigo dyed cotton popeline button placket facing and collar facing.
* Original double chest pockets, box pleat type, with indigo popeline reinforcement patch on inside.
* “Dot” white painted metal snap front and cuff closure (the paint will slowly chip off with wear/wash)
* ‘Tear drop’ front tail shape, with overlap, to keep that belly to yourself.
* Selvedge indigo popeline side gussets.
* Curved back shoulder yoke.
* One piece folded cuff placket.
* Original woven MFSC label on tucked-in front tail, stamped with sizing.
* Double needle flat felled seam side construction.
* High count stitching, 100% cotton ivory color thread.
PACKAGING: Sturdy cardboard box with MF® original ‘finer than frog hair’ artwork. Please re-use and recycle.
SHRINKAGE/SIZING: Both fabric options come raw/unwashed.
After shrinkage, both plaids will shrink to the same specs. I am a 38/medium/15½ in MFSC shirting, and I wear a 15½ in the ‘Ranch Hand’ shirt.
We recommend an original cold gentle cycle, and line dry. Subsequent washing should be done with turning the shirt inside out, gentle cycle with eco-friendly mild detergent. Line dry is preferred.
Let the colors fade naturally with normal wash/wear.
Call 323-653-2014 or mail email@example.com to get yours while they last. We ship internationally to select Countries. Thank you again for the continuing support, friends.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.