Mister Freedom® Californian Lot.674 Blue Jeans, “301 Okinawa” 14 Oz. sugar cane fiber left-hand twill denim.
Spring 2017 mfsc Sportsman catalog.
Made in USA.
Introduced sometime during 2010, the Mister Freedom® Californian Blue Jeans is our interpretation of the classic five pocket denim jeans. In the past seven years, we have released several versions of the pattern and fit. Here is a brief recap:
* Californian Lot.54 (yellow paper flasher, 2010): The original issue, straight leg, classic 1950’s silhouette. Issued in 12.5 Oz. NOS Cone indigo denim.
* Californian Lot.44 (box package, 2011): Similar pattern, buckle back added, straight leg, classic 40’s-1950’s silhouette. Issued in about 37 types of NOS denim twills.
* Californian Lot.64 (red paper flasher, 2013): Straight leg, slightly tapered, classic 1960’s vibe. Originally issued in 13 3/4 Oz. indigo denim (SC1966).
* Californian Lot.64US (Army green paper flasher, 2014): “Uncle Sam” edition. Straight leg, slightly tapered, classic 1960’s vibe. Issued in 13 3/4 Oz. indigo denim (SC1966).
* Californian Lot.64OK (Orange paper flasher, 2014): “Okinawa Advisor” edition. Straight leg, slightly tapered, classic 1960’s vibe. Issued in 14 Oz. “Okinawa 301” indigo denim.
* Californian Lot.74 (Aqua green paper flasher, 2015): Tapered, our slimmest leg, classic “1960’s youth” vibe. Originally issued in 12.5 Oz. NOS Cone indigo denim, then in NOS 12.5 Oz. wheat denim…
* Californian Lot.654 (yellow paper flasher, 2015): Pattern and fit of our classic Lot.64, with the bells and whistles of our original Lot.54. Issued in NOS 12 Oz. Cone indigo denim.
* Californian Lot.64E (red/white stripe paper flasher, 2016): Special “US Presidential Election” Edition. Straight leg, slightly tapered, classic 1960’s vibe. Issued in 16.5 Oz. NOS Cone indigo denim.
For Spring 2017, we are welcoming a new member to the Californian Blue Jeans family: the Lot.674.
Still refraining from releasing denim in an array of unnecessary washes and factory-distressed options, the Lot.674 comes in its original raw indigo loomstate. Its raison d’être, as part of the MF® Sportsman catalog, is in its classic mid 60’s slim silhouette. With no intent to reinvent the wheel, we combined the pattern of our popular button-fly Lot.64 with the slightly tapered leg of the zip-fly Lot.74. With even lesser of an intent to tap into the competitive market of sprayed-on men’s jeggings, we merely put a 60’s surf movie twist on our classic five-pocket Californian. The Lot 674 is our slimmest jeans silhouette, and is as slim as we’ll go.
For its introduction, the Lot.674 pattern gets royal treatment with a special “301 Okinawa” coronation!
An old mfsc favorite, this sturdy 14 Oz. left-hand twill selvedge denim fabric is a blend of 80% cotton and 20% recycled sugar cane fibers, a novel textile exclusive of Toyo Enterprise, originally developed some 25 years ago for their Sugar Cane Co workwear label. This is a new freshly-milled batch we have been waiting for for a while. The “301 Okinawa” is the same ‘hairy’ denim we used on the first project designed for our Sugar Cane Japanese friends and partners, namely the original mfsc 7161 Utility Trousers (2005). That denim was also used on the Vaquero Jeans (Viva la Revolución 2013), the Okinawa Patrol Shirt, Denim Topsiders and Watchman Jacket (Sea Hunt 2014), the Lot.64 Californian “Okinawa” (Sportsman Fall 2014), …
With normal wear and wash cycles, the “301 Okinawa” develops quite an attractive and natural patina. Pictures above feature a mix of several raw/soaked once/slightly worn pairs of Lot.674.
The Californian LOT.674 blue jeans are designed and manufactured in California by Mister Freedom®, in collaboration with Sugar Cane Co.
Inspired by traditional 1950′s-1960’s era blue jeans, traditional fit, slightly tapered leg for a mid-60’s vibe.
“301 Okinawa”, sturdy 14 Oz. left-hand twill denim, blend of 20% recycled sugar cane fibers and 80% cotton, white/green selvedge ID. Milled in Japan.
Pocket bags: Vintage NOS French workwear fabric, 100% cotton.
* Classic vintage five-pocket pattern.
* Button fly.
* Selvedge leg outseam.
* French NOS fabric pocket bags.
* MF® original white “M” stitch design on rear pockets.
* Unbranded natural cowhide leather MF® patch on rear pocket.
* Twelve types of 100% cotton threads (gauge and color combination) used for construction. Main colors are yellow and orange.
* Coin pocket with concealed selvedge.
* Selvedge button hole fly placket.
* Hidden back pocket reinforcement rivets, with top pocket reinforcement zig-zag stitching.
* Unlined rear pockets.
* Original silver-color ‘oxidized’ MF® metal cast waist/fly buttons.
* Unmarked copper riveting for reinforcement.
* Original MF® paper pocket flasher (ivory).
* Made in USA
The Californian LOT.674 blue jeans come UN-WASHED and are cut so that the measurements match the labeling AFTER an initial cold soak/line dry. A tagged W32 x L34 will shrink to approximately 32 inches x 34 inches after a soak/dry process.
We recommend the usual protocol before wearing: cold soak/spin dry/line dry/wear briefly when still damp to set creases/line dry until fully dry.
The size that will work for you depends on how you like your jeans to fit. I wear a slim leg yet comfortable tagged W32 in the Lot.674. The fit pix show a pair of W32, cold-soaked once, worn on/off for about 2 months, with some more shrinkage/stretching down the line.
We recommend getting your usual waist size, although proper fit is a subjective matter and everyone has their own idea of what looks good.
As with all denim twill, shrinkage and stretching will occur for a while and will depend on the wearer’s body, activities and initial fit.
Please refer to sizing chart for approximate raw/soaked measurements.
Soaked = 30mn cold soak, spin dry and line dry (ie. minimal shrinkage).
Wash your jeans when needed. Machine wash inside out to avoid marbling. Cold water, gentle cycle, eco-friendly mild detergent and line dry.
Patina will develop according to activities and frequency of wear.
W28 x L32
W29 x L32
W30 x L32
W31 x L32
W32 x L34
W33 x L34
W34 x L34
W36 x L34
W38 x L34